Women EmpowermentOctober 5, 2023 2023-10-07 13:51
Promotion of gender equity:
Promotion of Gender equity:
As a women’s engineering college, the institution provides a supportive environment for female students to meet the challenges of the outside world through a gender-sensitive administrative structure and welfare programs.
Measures taken to promote gender equity in the campus:
Creating awareness on gender equity and women education through guest lectures and seminars by eminent personalities like Dr. Ravi General Physician, Ms. M. Uma Rani, Sub inspector of police, Dr. Venu Madhavi, Assistant Professor, Palamuru University, Mrs. N. Swapna Priya, International boxer and Mrs. J.J. Shobha, Athletics
Gender sensitization subject is important for girl students to empower themselves, to overcome gender bias, encouraging leadership, challenging gender-based violence, breaking stereotypes and career aspirations, ensuring safe and supportive learning environments.
Educating students on Women Protection initiatives:
- Special SHE Team drives in collaboration with TS Police.
- Guest lectures on women’s liberation.
- Educating students on the legal regulations for the protection and wellbeing of women.
- An organized mentorship programme to keep track of the students’ intellectual, psychological, emotional and personal development.
Providing the facilities for the Female Faculty:
- There are more than 50% of female employees in administrative roles.
- All female faculty members are eligible for a six months maternity leave.
- Self-defence training is provided to female staff to help them become physically, mentally & healthy independent.
- By implementing programmes on gender equity, raising staff awareness of the need for a more welcoming and courteous work environment.
- Implementation of a quick resolutions process by WP & EC to address instances of sexual, psychological and physical harassment.
Safety and Security Facilities:
- CCTV cameras are installed for 24 hours surveillance.
- A sanitary napkin incinerator is provided for a secure and hygienic setting.
- An ambulance and medical room for immediate medical assistance under the direction of a resident senior nurse. In an emergency, assistance is sought from Sri Kalki Hospital, Ghatkesar town. Every week, a doctor and a psychiatrist come to the College.
- All dorm with all the amenities needed.
The institute is also well equipped with safety requirements like hydrants, sand buckets and sufficient mounting of fire extinguishers at each lab, corridor, and central store and wherever required.